Friday, March 14, 2014

Seamlessly Drawing

It's definitely enjoyable when drawing fits seamlessly into a day.  This morning I was working on a new kind of laptop case that has a water bottle holder attached to it, and I needed to draw certain steps to better understand how everything was going to work.
























Then this afternoon my friend Annie (who was the person responsible for starting me on this whole 10,000 drawings thing in the first place) and I hiked up a mountain near her house.  When we finally made the long steep haul to the top we sat perched on top of the world in the warming sunshine on some boulders and sketched the valley that stretched out below us.  I felt like I was in a hot air balloon floating at 6000 feet.  The bottom drawing on the left is a very unusual cloud that we noticed.  It wasn't actually that dark, but I wanted to emphasize the chunky, almost mechanical shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment