Saturday, December 13, 2014

Hats Again Plus Stowaway Bald Cypress Cone

Two more spectacular hats from Greenlife (Whole Foods small local-ish store), the one on the left a fish, and the one on the right a manly chain mail crossed with motorcycle goggles and finished off with -what else? braids.  Asheville is a town of many great hats.  I hope people wear hats like this in the places I'm sending them--
I found a stowaway bald cypress cone in the bottom of my bag when we got home from NOLA.  After a couple of days on my drawing table it began to separate into sections, very much like a Chinese puzzle.  It was possible to reassemble it like a puzzle, too!  I've never seen a cone like this.  It smells very spicy and resinous.  I read that the oily resin is really good for preserving wood.

2 comments:

  1. all these hats and sprouts and maps ARE mapping your winter days, lovely.

    ReplyDelete