Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Reporting on Food






























I started drawing today at breakfast and quickly decided that today would be a no-thought drawing day:  I would simply draw whatever I ate all day before I ate it.  So I drew plain Fage yogurt and thawed-out frozen blueberries and raw almonds, my usual breakfast.  Then I drew lunch at my friend Linda's, where we combined the leftovers I had brought me with some stuff she had and came up with an accidentally beautiful lunch for the two of us:  very dense seedy bread from the wonderful Farm and Sparrow bakery, an apple, some local Stackhouse goat cheese, leftover stir fry of kielbasa and root vegetables including sweet potatoes, beets, parsnips, leeks, and kale topped with toasted sesame seeds (gomasio).





























Tonight at home it was No One's night to cook.  Instead we foraged, and this is what I came up with:  a grilled Irish cheddar with tomato slices sandwich on Whole Foods' sourdough bread topped with Patrick's dukkah from Thanksgiving and some leftover broccolini.  I had the peppermint tea with lunch.  And that's it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment