Wednesday, July 24, 2013

practice post

I'm going to be out of town from Friday till Wednesday and will be posting from my phone. Today I'm practicing for that. The drawing on the left is a remarkable flower bud on a canna lily in our front garden. On the right top is a hummingbird that I spotted on a phone wire early this morning.

 On the bottom right is a garden fork, very simple. After drawing it I understood how simple and elegant the construction is. The tines are twisted slightly, which makes them stronger.


 On the left is a bisque-fired clay mask that a student abandoned in my studio many years ago.  I f Susie Johnson happens to read this, please know that I have your mask and I think of you often. This mask is one of my favorite things.
 And on the right top is a graphite wing carved to be a perfect shape for drawing with.










No comments:

Post a Comment