Sunday, April 12, 2015

Peas!

My snow peas are growing so fast I could almost see these grew while I was drawing them!  When I would look back at the first one I drew after drawing a later one, I could swear the tendrils were longer.

The funny little tubular thing (4407) is a straw wrapper from a Thai restaurant downtown, where we ate this evening.  And the window, not an especially interesting or lovely drawing, is a significant milestone for me:  This window was in a building on the far side of the next street over from the restaurant.  I was sitting facing a window and looked across a vacant lot/building site, and I could not only see the window but I could count the panes with no trouble-- without my glasses (which I have worn since I was 8 or 9 years old) and with no contacts or surgery.  Nothing beats regaining clear vision after so many years of blur and depending on the crutch of glasses. And best of all with no loss of super clear close vision without reading glasses.  Thanks to the Bates method and my teacher, N!

No comments:

Post a Comment