Friday, April 29, 2016

Fagioli in Fiasco!

Several years ago I spent two summers in a little Tuscan village.  One of my favorite foods there was something called    
fagioli in fiasco-- an impossibly wonderful olive oily subtly flavored dish that featured plain white beans.  I looked up the recipe in an italian cookbook but it involved putting the beans and water and oil in a clay flask in the ashes of a fireplace for many hours.  I couldn't find a clay flask, and I eventually gave up on it.

Then last weekend B and L came over with a sack of dried fava beans and dumped them in a pot of water and simmered them for an hour with some olive oil and a little tamari--And made fagioli in fiasco!  

So today I found fresh fava beans in Greenlife, and herein you will find this ancient and stupendous comfort food recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment