Saturday, September 30, 2017

Field Notes and Interventions

Thursday night my friend L and I went downtown to the top of a parking deck to watch, we hoped, swifts descend like a little tornado into an old chimney at dusk.  We did see lots of swifts swifting around but not going into the chimney on the right, which was just below our perch.  They were going into a chimney across downtown, barely visible to us.  But it was exciting to watch, and we will maybe try again soon as they will be migrating through here for a few weeks more.


And yesterday some interventions along the river-
And some more-
And today field notes about the location of some oche in a cliff halfway up Jones Mountain.


5 comments:

  1. Hi! None of the pics are coming thru' on the email or the blog. Just a gray circle with a line thru' it. Not sure if it's at your end or mine, but thought I should let you know! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see from the above comment that the pics aren't coming through. I am able to get your pics on the blog, but not on email. Just fyi...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A mystery to me, but I edited and seem to have restored the pics.

      Delete
  3. So do you collect the pigments you find?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes. I collect new colors and clean them by sifting and levigating. Then I save the dry pigments to grind as needed with various binders (gum Arabic for watercolors, acrylic medium for encrustations, powdered milk for milk paint, etc)

      Delete