Friday, June 16, 2017

10,000🎇

 
It felt right to walk down the east river trail like any old day and see what I could see.  A sow was in a grassy pasture with around 20 piglets; a hen scratched the dirt and pecked.  And suddenly there were five digets in the count, as quiet and unexpectedly unremarkable as traveling across a border on a night train.
 
But really, how could I resist the mama finally breaking free of the piglets and grabbing a little rest in the mud pond?
 
And the wooly lambs are getting close to growing up.  As Shiko Munakato says:  The mind goes and the tool walks alone.

So I will take a little vacation from posting,  but I'll be back in a couple of weeks.  Thanks for all your heartening encouragement and cheer-leading these past four years!  I can't stop drawing, and numbering is interesting.  Tonight a good friend gave me a party, and I spread out all 44 books for people to look through.  Now I want to sit with them and see which seeds they contain, which directions they point to.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy for you! Well done, my friend! 🎉💚😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is quite a fine thing, do review and revive, and if we are lucky we will see more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on reaching this milestone. You have certainly shown me your perseverance. I can't imagine such a voyage. I have thoroughly enjoyed every stroke of your pen. It has been inspiring. Enjoy your vacation.

    ReplyDelete