Wednesday, May 3, 2017

The Lone Orchid Plus Some Stuffed Power Figures

 
While on hold with an airline for 32 minutes this morning (by the end I had memorized the ads that interrupted the upbeat spa music track) I started drawing some little pacquets that I made a few years ago.
 
The one on the left is a simple stuffed cloth figure that is part of a boat sculpture from a couple of years ago.  I'm interested in putting the girls and pacquets together to see what if anything germinates.
 
Two more stuffed girls and then:  a startling sprouting black walnut seedling that I yanked out of my square foot garden this morning.  The nut had split open like a bean cotyledon. And in the upper right:  the sole surviving orchid flower.  All others were completely dried out ths afternoon.  Nice job, beetles!  This little orchid is only about 1/2" across and had dried and fallen off the raceme.  But I could see the minute stamens and tiny purple dots on the flower parts. Okay, enough about orchids, right?

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete