Saturday, October 8, 2016

At the Poll Workers' Training Session

 
Poll workers' training was held at one of the Democratic headquarters.  The first thing I noticed was this fake-fur life-sized donkey on a cart in the back of the auditorium.  It made me think of a medieval palmesel , a beautiful one of which I've seen at The Cloisters and which you can read about here.(https://www.metmuseum.org/pubs/bulletins/1/pdf/3257683.pdf.bannered.pdf)  This one had a Jimmy Carter campaign button on its front leg.
 
J played with his phone while I went back and drew the donkey.  Then we settled in with our fellow poll workers to learn the ropes.
 

 
We're going to work two or more days when early voting starts.  Be sure to vote!
 

1 comment:

  1. I commend you for doing the work at the polls. And yes, get out there and vote!

    ReplyDelete